1 have 2 toronados when slowing down getting off the expressway the car sputters and bucks like it wants to quit thanks brian

Asked by Jun 18, 2014 at 05:40 AM about the 1985 Oldsmobile Toronado

I have 2 toronados . when getting off the expressway, slowing down the car sputters and bucks like it wants to quit.changed carb, fuel filter, distributor. nothing helps. thanks brian

20,915

Sure sounds like a carb problem- but you changed that- you say "nothing helps" but finding a good mechanic would help- and it's a lot cheaper than guessin'

45

If your car has a lock up converter it may not be releasing when you slow down. The effect is a lot like when you slow down with a manual transmission car and forget to push in the clutch.