when key does not work where are the two white wires located at to reconnect

Asked by Aug 26, 2014 at 05:45 PM about the Oldsmobile Toronado

I got a new key and the car won't turn on some say there are two white wires that might
need reconnected where are they located

143,385

What year? And does one key work but another does not?, and will it even turn in cylinder, or crank engine but not start?

No I had no problem lost my key had a locksmith make new didn't work took it to dealership tested it was no code on the key they made me new one but won't work. Was told there are two white wires might of come disconnected. Long story short ha ha I think the locksmith did not do me right no problems until hde came along and made me a key with no code. I'm thinking he connected my two white wires so when I called him he use that for the reason. Because he told me to let my car run then he left it did not work since 4monthes now I'm a single mother low in come going to try to fix this myself sorry told you no short story some misspell

143,385

No apology necessary. I'm not so sure these mysterious white wires exist the locksmith got ya. What did he expect you to do let it run all the time? His story sounds like baloney and the dealer should be able to do it. But they need the car there to program the key to the ECU code

Best Answer

Your right but when all is done the bbb will want to know all about him thank you