how do i fix the fuel relay to the fuel pump

lonnie127
0

Asked by Jan 23, 2013 at 06:35 PM about the 1989 Jeep Comanche

not getting fuel through fuel pump

85,905

Replace a bad relay with a new one.

NVSmith
105

Just answer,com (http://www.justanswer.com/car/0tf1p-fuel-pump-relay-1988-jeep-comanche.htm) has a line diagram that shows the position of the fuel pump relay. My suggestion is to find a good repair manual (one for the Cherokee will work almost as well) that has wiring diagrams for your MJ. If it is the relay I priced a few vendors on the net and prices ran between $6 and $15. Make sure you get the right one for your engine and transmission. Replacement is simple: just remove and replace.

chosengirl
0

I had this problem. Check the peice that intakes the air and fuel system to work together (.Idle Air Control Valve, Vapor Canister Filter,Fuel Pressure Regulator) It took 4 months to find the part. Automatics are easy to find however the manual good luck. If you do find one have them pull it from the shelf and check that it is for manual because i made that mistake. I found mine online from a Suth Dkota surplus store. good luck

Mike Jee
545

your stupid the relay is in the fuse box under hood there is a diagram on the inside of cover it is a little black cube pull it out nd replace 5 bucks for part if this does not solve your issue the next step would be to inspect your fuel filter and pump lol chosen girl do u know wat your talking bout cause im thinkin u might wanna let real mechanics answer these things

comanche911
10

mike you are an idiot numb nut dumb azz the fuel relay is on the passenger side wall above front right fender well there are three relays for the 89 Comanche from left to right the first one is the fuel relay and you are mistaking yourself as a mechanic show me the certificates and if you do have them tear them up and go work for mcdonalds

Catriona Hunter
0

Lol well said Mike