I have a manual jeep that cuts off while driving down the road but immediately cranks when I try cranking it back up.

20

Asked by Mar 08, 2014 at 02:59 PM about the 1991 Jeep Comanche 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

My jeep cuts off while driving down the road.  However, I can immediately crank it right
back up.  It seems to happen after I have driven the vehicle for a few miles and when I
slow down before coming to a stop.  I have checked all the connections and cannot find a
problem.  Could it be the alternator?

101,695

Sounds like a dirty/faulty idle air control valve or dirty throttle plate causing your problem.

20

Thanks! I was just reading other threads on another site and found it could possibly be the crankshaft position sensor. Supposedly it was recalled for this model.

101,695

Sounds like you are on the right track.

20

Replaced CPS. Worked good for about a day but started cutting off again while driving. Seems to fail when engine heats up and when I come to stop or reduce speed. Like I said before, I can crank the engine immediately when it cuts off.