does the 88 camanche have a fuel pump relay switch?

Asked by Sep 01, 2007 at 10:46 AM about the 1988 Jeep Comanche

it starts but does not stay running we replaced the fuel pump with brand new one. my freind says its a fuel pump relay switch but i can't find one does it have such a part and if not can you tell me what else itmight be?
thank you

13,805

Hi wadbear34, It does not have a dedicated relay specifically for the fuel pump, but the ignition relay is also linked to the fuel pump. This can be found under the hood. I would also check your carburetor and make adjustments as necessary. Good luck!

85

That incorrect... There is a fuel pump relay. It is in the relay center on the left side of the engine bay. It sits between the battery and coolant pressure tank. If you have air conditioning, the fuel pump relay and the air conditioning relay are the same. You can swap them out to check them.