2000 vw beetle Busted my oil pan carried to get replaced two days after picking the car up headlights wipers turn signals horn blower motor to heater and AC will not work what's going on?

Asked by Dec 12, 2015 at 08:56 PM about the 2000 Volkswagen Beetle

I have to pull myvblinker toward me in order for mybright headlights to be
on as long as I don't let go of the blinker the headlights will work please
help

69,305

What does the shop say when you brought it back? Didn't this all work before hand?

Yes they said that it wasn't related to what they had done to the car so if we wanted to put it back in the shop that could check it

69,305

Well, by the looks of this all this happen 2 days after? May it be related to the accident? of busting the oil pan...It is going to have to get looked at, I can't tell you exactly what is going on, possible you may have damaged the switch at the time of the oil pan? I'm just throwing things out there...

335

Take it to another shop that will put in on tester and ck it for free. Tell them what happened. Get opinion on issue from third party. Electrical can be weird on New Beetles. May be related. Maybe not...... but seems funny car was good before.............

9,265

well normally this kinda thing does not happen from damaging a oil pan. Its possible some of the wiring harness could have been damaged from either the mechanic doing the work or from when you damaged the pan but i doubt it. Start simple here, Check the fuses and relays. if these are all ok move on to plugs and harnesses for all the effected parts. also try jiggling you head light on off switch some times when these switch's get old they start loosing contact. and also where did you have the pan replaced? a joe blow garage? a trusted garge you have known for years? a specialist shop? the dealer? i would not rule out that the garage may have tampered with your car so you would be forced bring it back in and they can get more money out of you.