Hello! I own a mx-5 93' and I really like to change this car or update?? or else what car can you recommend me?

35

Asked by May 04, 2009 at 04:25 PM about the 1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata

A Car that can be a fun and safe(brake safe) at the same time... I have seen Acura Integra and ford mustang
Or should I really really go for a mx-5 (recent year) because I don't like my actual just because It doesn't brake well... help please

65

hello barbara. if the only thing you dont like about your miata is the brakes, i'd say either get em fixed, or buy a new miata. the new models have ABS (antilock braking system) standard and their brake distance is way lower. Also, they have achieved 5 star crash test ratings in (almost) all areas. If you enjoy driving your miata, i say fix it, or go for a new one. if you're looking on the side of practicality however, both the integra and mustang are good choices, but they dont handle nearly as well as a miata.

205

Hello Barbara, Here are two different brake upgrades for the Miata, one uses the factory size and upgrades rotors and pads the other upgrades the rotor size and replaces the calipers (but you must have 15" or greater sized wheels). Of course the better kits is a lot more expensive because you get rotors and calipers along with the brackets to connect them. http://www.gomiata.com/4bigbrkit90.html http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=76874

65

Darryl's got it right on the money. Get new brakes, or get bigger brakes standard when buying a newer model.

35

thank you guys for your answers yes the only thing i dont like about the miata are the brakes... I really like the handling and the fun of the car, i really love it. My brakes are stock, and i'm really looking up for get an upgrade, but i have tthe problem that in my country is very difficult and expensive to buy over the internet, so i would like if someone of you don't mind to help with the size of the rotors and calipers, or something, like a brand that i could found easier... Or this parts have to be special for the miata, I have 15'' wheels please if you can give some advice from that.