1989 Chevy blazer 4.3 won't start..I have replaced the following things ignition module, fuel filter and pump, rosary cap, distributor cap, battery, altenator, put new belt on truck, changed coil..it was starting an then if it didn't start would put fuel in carborator and it would start but now it won't start at all...any suggestions?

Asked by Jan 30, 2013 at 03:41 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Blazer

Second time I've asked this question please
only serious answers thanks.

You flooded it! Pull the plugs to find them wet- Take a look at your choke and heat riser to make sure that sure it is functioning properly. Many miles on this engine means compression is not what it should be. Possible EGR valve forcing the engine to breathe it's own exhaust, rather than allowing fresh air into the system. that'd be a start.

35

Wait a week and let it dry out then start it.

It's been over a week way over that and won't start even changed the egr valve

35

Battery's good right

the emergency fuel/electical shut down has been tripped. Find the button and press it.

Brand new battery ....what? I've never heard of that but tomorrow I'm changing the control module. I put brand new fuel pump on it.

It's a simple matter of finding and pressing this button that was designed to stop fuel spray in the event of a collision. I believe on your vehicle it is rear behind the back seat. No really it is as simple as pressing a button!

355

4.3 is known for fuel pressure regulator problems. Underneath intake. See you tube videos Do you have spark? Do you have about 45 pounds fuel pressure? Feel bad u spent all that money on sruff u didn't need.

16,255

Frank, in 89 all the 4.3's were TBI. They didnt use the spiders, and used around 12-14 psi fuel pressure.

So everyone knows it was the ignition modular and so if anyone else has this problem they will know to change that first.

355

Thanks Andrew for info ... what about egr valves that would stick open?

I'm not Andrew I'm Tina the one with the truck and I replaced the EGR valve first then ignition modular all fixed now.

hate to ask, probably as silly question, but has anyone read the CEL trouble codes?

What more do I have to say to get you to understand its FIXED!

Yay!

iv done all the stuff that everyone is saying to do. an still nothing