My blazer wont start i changed the fuel pum p my gas gaje wont move i put a nother one in the same thing hapend my gas gaje wont move what do i need to do to get my blazwr runing again

Asked by Dec 15, 2017 at 09:55 PM about the 1988 Chevrolet Blazer

My gas gaje does not move at all i raplased the fuel pump and still wont turn
on i can here fuel pump workin when i turn the key

10

Well the fuel filter on the frame of the truck might be clogged that could be why it don’t start the gauge could be a bad fuse or a broken wire some place does the gauge stay on full or all the way to empty

87,125

Which engine do you have? Is it gasoline or diesel? If diesel it looks like you have a mechanical fuel pump. I'm guessing it's gasoline. So with that in mind, did you replace the whole fuel pump assembly or just the pump part of the assembly? I'm thinking it's electrical since your gas gauge isn't working and the sending unit is part of the fuel pump assembly in the tank. If it's always on empty, it's a bad ground (-). If it's always on full or beyond full it's a bad power (+) connection. HTH. -Jim

87,125

Is this a '98 or '88 model? I just saw your other post. -Jim