All tail-lights, brake lights, and rear turn signals are out!

30

Asked by Aug 01, 2011 at 12:19 PM about the 2007 Ford Mustang

Hello All,

Weird happenings:  On my 2007 V6 Mustang, all of my taillights are out--brake light, tail lights, and rear turn signals.  However, if I turn my headlights on, the entire back of the car lights up and stays on.  The brake lights don't work, and the turn signals don't work.  Any ideas on what this might be?

sounds like the headlight switch is bad,turn signals work of it,break light switch could be bad.

155

Electrical problems can be very odd... You need to ask yourself what all these have in common. My initial hunch is a bad ground... Second hunch, light switch, and my third thought would be a damaged wire harness...

30

Thanks John, I am a bit of a novice and looking to save myself the cost of the warranty deductible-- tough times here. If it helps, when head lights are off- no lights, including rear turn signals, in the back at all. If I lock the car with the keychain, no rear light blink. If I unlock car with keychain, rear lights come on and stay on. When head light switch is on, all lights come on and stay on in the back but still no rear turn signal. However, I just discovered if I hit the breaks while the head lights are on, the brake light on the trunk lights up but not reg brake lights. That trunk brake light will not turn on if headlight switch is off. So, would finding out the answers to your above suggestions be easier if i just took the car in? I checked all fuses on the interior. They are good. When I pulled the mini-relay (which claims it is accessory delay 1, what ever that means), it looked like it had some burnt ends, but I am not sure if that means anything. Your help is greatly appreciated it.

30

Thanks Papa, I am a bit of a novice and looking to save myself the cost of the warranty deductible-- tough times here. If it helps, when head lights are off- no lights, including rear turn signals, in the back at all. If I lock the car with the keychain, no rear light blink. If I unlock car with keychain, rear lights come on and stay on. When head light switch is on, all lights come on and stay on in the back but still no rear turn signal. However, I just discovered if I hit the breaks while the head lights are on, the brake light on the trunk lights up but not reg brake lights. That trunk brake light will not turn on if headlight switch is off. So, would finding out the answers to your above suggestions be easier if i just took the car in? I checked all fuses on the interior. They are good. When I pulled the mini-relay (which claims it is accessory delay 1, what ever that means), it looked like it had some burnt ends, but I am not sure if that means anything. Your help is greatly appreciated it.

155

Anything burnt looking I would call suspect... It could be easier to let dealer deal with it if it's still on warranty...

155

If you have a circuit tester or a test light you could check if you are getting juice to or through the circuit breaker...