car stalling

Asked by Nov 13, 2010 at 09:22 PM about the 1998 Pontiac Sunfire

98 pont sunfire  stalls clean throttle body changed plugs still stalls car fills like it chokes down if you let up on gas the motor reves back up

125

if it has the quad 4 motor, check for bad coil boots. and sometimes the coil pack goes bad aswell. good luck

95

Clean fuel injectors, check idle sensor/timing. On a side note, at any point did you try to crank the car with your foot on the gas? My wife's '04 dodge stratus had this issue. If you try to crank the car with the throttle depressed, the onboard computer reads that pressure as the needed amount of throttle to run the engine. This would require a "hard boot" to your cars onboard computer (not many garages have the needed machine to perform this restart).

check for vac leaks,remove the IAC (located on TB) clean with carb cleaner,the maf could also be bad,has a vac hose from TB to it,looks like a square plastic box.

65

try the fuel filter/ fuel pump..iv owned 2 1997 sunfires and they have both had the same problems..they are notorious for going out