Car stalling after slowing down

5

Asked by Dec 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM about the 1998 Pontiac Sunfire 2 Dr GT Coupe

Hey,
I`ve been having a problem with my car.  It's happened twice already and would like some advice on what to do.  The first time I  warmed the car up and drove it for 20 mins.  When I slowed down to turn into the driveway, I pushed the gas to get up the hill and it stalled on me.  Restarted, but when I pushed the gas there was nothing happening and it stalled again.  After letting it sit for a few minutes I restarted it again, and after revving it a few times it stayed on and good.  No issues until tonight.  After driving for an hour home, it again had trouble when I pushed the gas to speed back up coming around a turn.  I managed to get it home by keeping it slightly revved, but it stalled when I hit the gas idling in the driveway.  I recently had a loose wire that was causing a cylinder to mis-fire.  Could anyone give me ideas on what to look for so I don`t have to necessarily wait forever at my mechanic's?
Your help is appreciated.

something along these lines happened to me. I would start to and and as soon as i was at a low enough speed without braking or accelerating, the car would stall on me. I took it to the garage and they replaced the fuel filter, havent had this problem since..