dimmer switch on ford tempo 1990 wont stay on unless you hold it?

Asked by Sep 06, 2013 at 01:23 AM about the 1990 Ford Tempo

My low and high beams on my ford tempo 1990, wont stay at all unless you are holding the dimmer switch and pulling it in towards you. once, I let go of the switch my headlights go out.

also my lights in my dashboard are out but my turning signals do still work?

What is wrong with my car? is it a part I can just buy and replace myself, if so what kind of part for my make, model and year? also how pricey will it be if I can fix it myself and where can I pick up the part? would it be available at an AutoZone store or some place along those lines?

264,085

Pull the dash to check the wiring on the dimmer switch, follow the wires. It could be a wiring issue or bad dimmer switch The parts can be purchased at autozone.