03 Lincoln Navigator Air suspension went out!!

50

Asked by Jan 17, 2011 at 11:42 AM about the 2003 Lincoln Navigator

Anybody got any options on what i should do to fix it.

150

It just depends on what you want to do.. I have a 06 Lincoln Navigator.. Are you looking to keep the air suspension or what?

50

Well i guess.. . what else would I have the option of doing?

150

you have a few options.. you can go to air again.. and pay your dealer around 4,500 to fix the air suspension or you can do away with the air.

50

What do you mean do away with the air?

150

you are able to convert the air over to a conversion kit. which elminates the air out of the vehicle. and put ur ride back up to ride height.

50

whats the difference.. what about my smooth ride? and where would you find a conversion kit at

150

It really isnt no difference just no more air. no more problems with it failing ever again. :) its a great kit. The ride is just as smooth and everything. Cant tell no difference. The place i got mine was at Strutmasters.com.. Look up there site. The kit was 887.00 that i got just to be sure i got all new sway bar links and lower ball joints. I wanted to make sure i didnt have to mess with my vehicle again.

50

wow really.. ill have to check them out then. Thats alot cheaper than 4,500 with the dealer and does the same thing. What about the ride light on my dash board. And what is the actually replacement you put in place of the air.

150

It does save you lots of money :) .. the ride light on the dashboard.. the kit comes with instructions on how to remove that light. So everything would be fixed. . Also the replacement is coil over struts for each wheel. Did i mention to tell you that its a lifetime warranty on the kit.

50

wow. lifetime warranty thats better than getting my actually air fixed.. thanks alot there Shelby.. imma definitely consider them. i think ill give them a call.

150

your welcome.. hope it goes great for you.. :) -shelby

120

wait a min before you go buying that strutmaster junk, take it to the dealership let them run a code check it will cost you about 60 or 90 dallars might be sumthing minor, I ride with 24 inch rims on my truck and with out the air ride they will not fit. With out the air ride it will ride and sit funny.

Calebyoung71: Its better if you fix your suspension in the garage as this is not an easy task and proper equipments are required to fix it......if you want to buy a new suspension just check online on eBay or contact some local dealers for better pricing comparisons.....

Thanks for the advice. My 2006 Lincoln Navigator air suspension just went out yesterday. I am just going to get it removed to eliminate any further irritation. Thanks for the advice about strutmaster. Have a peaceful, prosperous and productive 4th of July holiday weekend. www.livingjobfree.org

haha this old post. The compressor and bags are 400.00 now 250.00 then. go on line there are aftermarket. Put it in low range wait thirty seconds the truck will raise an additional 2 inches. Open the glove box all the way down reach behind the glove box and disable the airbags(turn the switch off). You now have a 2inch lift and no more noisy compressor.