My 70 Ford truck starts&runs great for 2-3 mins then dies&wont start.

25

Asked by Nov 06, 2014 at 08:10 PM about the 1970 Ford F-100

My 70 Ford truck starts&runs great for 2-3 mins then dies&wont start. Replaced fuel pump,lines&filter.Also replaced distributor,cap,points,plug wires,coil&checked/adjusted timing.Also cleaned carburetor.Didn't fix problem.
Don't know where to go from here...should I try rebuilding the carburetor or ????

Had similar problems with my 70 f250 and ended up being that rust in the tank

would start up just find but because the suction from the fuel into the hoses would cause it to die after a few minutes. Same price to buy a new one as it is to get your old tank chemically cleaned. Once I swapped email out ran just fine

385

try making a external fuel tank out of a gas can put clean fuel in it remove the suction hose from the fuel pump and make sure it's all the way in start and run see if it still dies, i'm banking on clog needles or venturi blockage in carb,did you completely disassemble the carburator.GOOD LUCK