I have a 67 F-100 with a 390. I am experiencing an intermittent but annoying problem. The truck will start right up most times don't need to touch the gas pedal. The truck runs for say 10 minutes (this varies) then shuts off like I turned off the key. Sotimes it will start right up and other times I have to hold the gas to the floor. Then the game is on. It will stall and I will get stranded. The truck was put up for the winter & I just took it out. It started right up and after letting run for a few minutes I drove it home about 65 miles. No problems at all. 2 days later I go out starts right up go 2 miles stop for gas and it shuts off before I can turn it off. I have had issues before when it gets hot and it will stall and then not start. Please help.

Asked by Aug 29, 2016 at 12:44 PM about the 1967 Ford F-100 Ranger

Truck has holly carb 4 barrel on an edelbrock manifold.  Cast iron headers

I had a similar problem... It turned out to be the points in the distributor. I replaced it with an h.e.i electronic ignition. It has been running awesome once the timing was set. Hope that helps. Good luck!!