Does the dash have to be removed to install new front interior pillar covers and if it does, can someone explain how to properly remove the dash please.

5

Asked by Apr 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM about the 1975 Ford Ranchero

I have to replace the pillar post covers and cannot find a way to do this without
removing the dash and I have never replace a dash on a ranchero.  Can someone
provide some guidance please.

40

I am just now putting my interior back together on my 1975 Ranchero. I am putting the dash in before the pillar covers. The padded dash and the metal with the speaker grate and defroster slots is pretty easy to remove, There are two screw on each end near the pillar posts, several screws up from the bottom and one screw down over around the glove box. once all of the screw are removed the dash lifts and slides away from the window. Watch for the clips along the front.

40

Ok so I just went out and figured out I will HAVE to pull the dash back off to install the pillar post. Sorry for the wrong info above.

5

Thanks very much, I was hoping that it wasn't going to be necessary to remove the dash but oh well. Thanks again.