how to adjust a fuel sender unit

Asked by Jul 22, 2017 at 01:47 AM about the 1965 Ford Ranchero

My fuel gauge after filling up reads a 1/4 past full and is just about empty at a quarter full.  It had been working properly and was removed by a mechanic to repair the line.  After that is when it started to read incorrectly and no I do not want to bring it back to the same mechanic.  What is the proper method to "adjust" the unit to read correctly?

251,555

Sounds like he didn't install the fuel pump properly. There is a float for the fuel sending gauge that might be hung up or bent. You need to remove again to verify.

Tom: Thanks, since I drive it all the time, I will get the tank down to a 1/4 and check the unit.