Is it common for a 1994 lancia delta 1.6 to leak coolant in the passenger compartment?

Asked by Aug 06, 2012 at 02:12 AM about the 1994 Lancia Delta

To my surprise I found myself with my feet in a puddle of coolant the other day. I noticed discoloration of the carpet
coming from underneath the dash. I removed the panel from the side of the center console in the drivers footwell.
Here I found mineral build up accumulating on some screws. I removed the screws which freed a large plastic cover
which housed what I can only guess to be the actuating assembly for the interior heating and associated plumbing.
Here I noticed a single drop of coolant. When wiped away, it slowly re accumulates, but not in such a way that you
can see where the leak itself is coming from. It seems that this has happened before due to the discoloration of the
carpet, however this is the first time it has happened in my three years of ownership. Any ideas on what I could be
and if it is a common Problem with these cars?

237,425

There is a small radiator on the other side of the panel called a heater core, and this is filled with coolant and supplies the cabin with heat. You will need to remove the panel and replace the heater core. The hoses that attach to it can most probably be found in the engine bay on the firewall at that location. Every car has one, it's just they don't fail that often, you usually get 100K miles on them or more.