My 96 Bonnieville SSEi needs brake lines, how expensive are they? Garage quote $1100.00

Asked by May 05, 2013 at 02:01 PM about the 1996 Pontiac Bonneville 4 Dr SSE Supercharged Sedan

Lines are rusted, know nothing else.

that sounds high. the lines themselves arent much you can get rolls of line. the expensive part is installing them. you have to bend them yourself and flare the ends. its a pain, its quite time consuming sometimes. it just depends on how many of the lines need replacing.

My 2002 Pontiac Grand AM has a bunch of tubes already bent and packaged as a unit. It has three fuel lines and two brake lines. If the brake lines are rusted and you're keeping the car, replace them all. --- In my case the total cost was $800 and that included the tubing bundle installed, custom brake lines in the rear, two new rear wheel cylinders and two new rear drums.

Boggles my mind. I know nothing of cars. Now you say there could be a bundle with fuel and brake lines together?! No mention of drums and cylinders, perhaps that is part of the plan. Also, garages in my area are charging approximately $120 an hour, unbelievable. Perhaps it is all labor costs driving the price up. If you have anything to add, love to hear it. My thanks to you both. B

Call around and get estimates for just replacing the one line. I had all my lines replaced because it's a low mileage car and I keeping it as long as possible. All the lines would have rotted out in a couple of years so I had them all done.