headlight retractors/closers

25

Asked by Sep 16, 2007 at 10:01 PM about the 1997 Pontiac Firebird Formula

the headlight retractor motors continue to run for several seconds even after the headlights are fully closed, is there some sort of adjustment for this?

43,915

I believe there is an adjustment for these, however, you will need a shop manual for it as I am not familiar with the procedure for the motorized ones. Vacuum operated ones can be adjusted but the procedure is different from motorized ones.

65

i know exactly whats wrong. it is the headlight gear. my '01 had the same problem. but it's all taken car of now. you have to buy a gear for the motor. many people sell them, one place to get it is: http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm just follow the instructions it came with. very easy to do. what it is, is the headlight gear is stripped, it happens in almost all gen. firebirds. it happened in my '01, my '88, and my brother's '97 firebird.