NO POWER

Asked by Feb 11, 2016 at 09:38 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Aztek AWD

I have a 2004 poniatc aztek 3.4l 130k mi.   this car has an issue where if you press the gas pedal too hard it will instantly feels like it hits the rev limitor and stop at 2k rpm.  the limit is normally it at 4500 rpm.  The transmission shifts fine, if you lightly press the gas pedel the car will accelerate to 60mph  but once you get to 3500 rpm's you lose all power. Fuel pressure is around 55-59 psi, fuel trims are normal. You can rev it up to the 4500 rpm limit in park only.
I have replaced the transmission (reman), cat converter, muffler, O2, spark plugs, wires, coils also replaced the module that the coils plug into.  Replaced the knock sensor and tps. Replaced the upper and lower intake gaskets, fuel injectors, fuel filter, PCV, fuse box, map,  I put in a new maf but returned it to the store, the old one is ok. The egr checks ok. New belt and pullys, new thermostat.  also relearn crank and cam signals with scanner(snap-on). Also replaced all plastic vacuum lines. No engine or transmission codes.
Any help would be appreciated   thank you.

44,025

Well once you get this problem fixed, your gonna have a good running vehicle. This sounds like the catalytic converter is plugged up. You can have it checked out at an exhaust shop, or make the vehicle have this problem and stop somewhere darker and look at the cat. It would be glowing orange if it is plugged up.

I have a 2005 Aztek and it had started this same issue. Did you figure out the fix?

no advance either in timing mine is doing same!!!

I got a 2001 and mine also just started doing this. Starts out fine. Get on the interstate get up to 70mph then the first hill it loses all power to the pedal and slows down to around 55-60mph and the check engine light starts flashing. It don't do it all the time though?