01 Pontiac Aztec no power to fuel pump

Asked by Mar 23, 2015 at 12:50 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT

Im not getting power to my fuel pump, just replaced fuel pump checked fuse good I have
constant power to the fuel oump relay but no power to the pump, replaced relay still
noappreciatedim getting spark any help is appreciated

Most cars with electric fuel pumps have a safety cut out. If there is no oil pressure, or the oil sending unit is faulty or unplugged, the power will not be sent. I would check that out.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Ok thanks were would the safety cut off be?

If the problem is the oil sending unit, then that is the safety mechanism. It will be a round thing sticking into the engine block with wires attached.

Ok I'll check that out

A guy on this site recently had a short on the wiring harness connection located near the tank. It is probably a plug in. This led to a problem similar to yours with the relay being good or replaced, but still no power to the pump. I just recalled this. Best of luck.

Ok thank you ill check that out

check your fuel pump wiring harness its called c305

After reading this post, I checked that harness on a friend's car that wouldn't start. It had the tell tale green and white corrosion that is typical of old unused for ages battery connections. I cleaned both end thoroughly, plugged them back in and, YEP.... she started right up. Thanks for the post.