Can someone help me diagnose my car's problem?

Asked by Jun 09, 2012 at 05:33 AM about the 1997 Plymouth Breeze 4 Dr STD Sedan

I have a 1997 plymouth breeze. While on the interstate the engine stalled and since then when I try to start it it'll turn
over but will not start. I was told that more then likely the timing belt snapped, and since it has an interference motor
some valves my have bent. anyone has any suggestion?

Wouldn't it make sense to replace the timing belt and fix the valves that may have been damaged?

As supposed to putting in a used motor that may or may not be in good shape and I won't know until it's installed.

13,095

I would find out if timing belt is broke. Then decide about what to do. You can do this by getting a look at the valves under the valve cover while turning it over. If the valves are moving then belt is ok. You might be able to pull a vent off of valve cover or an oil filler tube or just take the cover off all together.