replaced the timing tensioner pulley and timing idler pulley, now my engine will not crank.

Asked by May 08, 2016 at 08:11 AM about the 1999 Plymouth Voyager Minivan

I had a clacking noise in the timing belt cover. Turns out the timing tensioner ate itself. I replaced the timing belt, timing tensioner pulley and timing idler pulley. I made sure the cams and crank shaft reference points where lined up and turned the crank twice to make sure the reference points where on track and they are. However, now my engine will not crank. I get no clicking, nothing out of the starter. All fuses are good. I removed the top off the starter relay under the hood fuse box and manually engaged the relay. The starter turns the engine over but the engine still does not start. Ignition switch?

Bob Beaman

If it started before the repair then I would suspect that something was left loose on reassembly. Double triple check your work.

ya, i did that before i hit this site for assistance. I have tested the ignition switch, starter relay, bypassed the relay and got the starter to crank over (no start), the starter/solenoid, neutral/back-up switch and all pass test(s). I still cannot start. When I turn the key i can hear the relay engaging but no starter crank and no noise in the starter solenoid. I pulled the cover off the start relay and pressed the circuit closed and got the starter to crank the engine over, but no start. Should I get the PCM tested at this point?