My 1998 Plymouth Voyager won't crank! After running fine I will go to use it and it won't crank. I have had it to the dealer three times for this problem.

Asked by Apr 10, 2014 at 12:07 PM about the Plymouth Voyager

My 1998 Plymouth Voyager won't crank! After running fine I will go to use it and it won't
crank. I have had it to the dealer three times for this problem. The first time I was told it
was the battery even though I had good strong lights that did not dim when the key was
turned. The second time they replaced the ECM and it seemed Ok for six months. It failed
again and in my fustration I pounded the dash and it started. It did this three more times
before I could get back to the dealer who could of course find no codes or anything
wrong. Now it has done it again, would not start, a good thump to the right side of the
dash above the instrument cluster and it starts, it has to be some kind of loose
connection or a bad ground. When it fails to it will crank and then die the instrument
cluster is completely dead, then after a few failed starts it stops cranking. Ideas anyone?
Thanks, Jon. Quick relpy to my email would really help as well as here.
Jvt7532@gmail.com

I also noticed that the door locks only function to unlock the doors when it fails to start, will not lock the doors. There has to be some answer as to why or what is causing this failure.

300

Hello, Please check this repair manual i uploaded for you! this should hep you find and fix the problem. http://bit.ly/plymouth-manual