I have the voyager 1999 2.4 my water pump was leaking all summer now the timing belt broke do to the water leaking on the belt I change my water pump and timing belt my self I watch videos on UTUBE on

20

Asked by Feb 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM about the 1999 Plymouth Voyager Minivan

I have the voyager 1999 2.4 my water pump was leaking all summer now the timing belt broke do to the water leaking on the belt I change my water pump and timing belt my self I watch videos on UTUBE on how to time the cams the van run good but will not idle will stall at low RPM and stall all all stops I have to ride both the gas and brake at the same time just a tap on the gas and van will stay running I'm not 100% sure now if my timing is right or is my problem not timing I change all my vacuum and clean the PVC and clean the throttle body and idle air control van will not idle.

23,375

good job for first time ,a belt after first turn over sometimes is one tooth off on maby one cam , this could be

20

thanks but my big question is the timing belt have anything to do with the van idle will the van not idel if the belt is off by a tooth.

23,375

yes thats when a little off will show up,faster will not be felt,just a little valve open at wrong time makes missfire ,you can let this way,just raise idle somehow, pcm dont see this or light would come on

20

this van don't have an idle unless I can't find it any help with the idle

23,375

is none,maby trick the pcm,open a little vacuum.or shim the throttle stop

20

I now believe 100% my cams are off by a tooth or 2 I will have to re open my timing belt and set up the timing big gob I'm not looking to do have to rent the tool to remove the crankshaft pulley.

20

well today is 3/27/2013 I had the time today on this beautifully day I went back and take it all apart when I look at my timing I don't know why but I had the crank shaft was 1/2 to the left of TDC not 1/2 to the right of TDC I line it up with the cam the left cam at 1/2 below the right cam and the crank shaft 1/2 to the right of TDC install new pulley put it all back start my van now my van run like new no stalling I can't even feel it running no vibration at all like new not bad for someone who is not a car teck at all utube videos come in handy P.S I also change my PVC my fuel filter and all new vacuum line are all new my van is a 1999 only 60k I'm thinking of change the fuel pump do to my fuel gage not working right I know the gage is inside the pump

20

P.S this hole mouth with no idel I use $20 a day in fuel just to go to work driving only 3 miles to work and 3 miles back home bad fuel MPG with a bad timing.

Check.your vin# x,v,c,d in the 8th digit may be interferance 2.4 are a twin and usually are. To do the belt you will need one special puller to get the main drive pulley off do not pry on top of t belt cover as it will break costing more money. 90,000 mi the timing belt tensioner needs replaced even if pump is not leaking.

The cams have a small slot on each wheel they face parallel to each other the crank gear has a dot that lines to a corresponding arrow on oil pump housing