Every time I drive my voyager the sliding door locks keep clicking. Like they are locking and unlocking. The door open light on dash is on. What can I ?

Asked by Feb 01, 2012 at 09:06 AM about the 2000 Plymouth Voyager SE

3,085

there is a switch button in the door jamb of your sliding door . this tells the system the door is either closed or ajar . If closed the system will energize the door locks after it's put into gear . If ajar (not quite closed but shut on the first latch ) the switch wont activate the locks and the door open light stays on ... SO therefore if the door is completely shut and adjusted properly (LATCH ) then therefore the switch must be bad or making intermittant contact ... shim the switch button with a piece of cardboard taped to the spot on the door where the door contacts the switch and shut door firmly .. ANY CHANGE in the dash light ? If no change switch .. If yes , Adjust either the door or the switch itself ... GOOD LUCK ... PBN