Engine will not start after head gasket replaced

Asked by Jun 21, 2014 at 02:34 AM about the 2001 Plymouth Neon 4 Dr Highline LX Sedan

My 2001 Plymouth Neon's engine will not start after the mechanic replaced the head gasket. There is no spark going into the spark plugs

210,435

I'm surprised your mechanic can't figure out what he disconnected to work on the head gasket and then forgot to connect back up.

58,455

Sound,s like you may need to find a good mechanic to figure out what bad mechanic did not hook up,as tom said.

When he replaced the head gasket, he had to remove the timing belt and parts that needed to be removed. I know he is capable to putting them back together but somehow, Error codes showed up on OBD Reading. Codes 1684,1388,1490,1282 in that order.

1,405

according to the codes you have shorts in a couple areas which is shutting down the asd relay causing a no start