new starter, car still won't start

Asked by Apr 14, 2011 at 12:41 PM about the 1997 Plymouth Neon 2 Dr Expresso Coupe

Hi there,

I have a '97 Plymouth/Dodge Neon. I had my nephew (a professional mechanic)
switch out the radiator a few days ago. I noticed the car starting slower a few times.
Then I got gas and it just wouldn't start. He replaced the starter, and it still won't
start. He's tested all the connections, the starter is getting power, it is clicking, but
still won't start. The battery is good and charged.

Any ideas of what could be causing this problem? Could he have knocked
something when he put in the radiator, or is it probably unrelated?

55

maybe spark plugs

115

like it dosent crank or it just dosent start?

50

I have a 2000 Neon. My daughter was driving it and bumped a curb, and then it decided to not start. New battery, and removed the starter, had it tested, all good...Still wouldn't turn over. Checked all the wiring, all good. Checked the fuses in the relay box, all good. Finally after two days of trying everything, finally checked the fuse box *inside the car*. The fuse to the relay box was bad, replaced it and now my baby is running great..Try this and good luck.

35

My 2000 Plymouth Neon had a bad fuse also on the highway. Replaced it and it started right up! http://www.DiagnoseCarMisfires.com/