98 Dodge Neon will not start

Asked by May 25, 2014 at 02:58 AM about the 1998 Plymouth Neon 4 Dr Style Sedan

98 Dodge Neon just replaced the starter will not start checked the fuse it was good selonod makes a clicking sound but will not start engine I tried to jump start will not start . I did a push start it started but as soon as I turned it off it would not start again it was in Park with the clutch to the floor the fuses under the hood or the ones I check (40) amp battery full charded interior light and dash all up and runing

9,575

If you here a clicking sound ,the starter you put on is more than likely bad.It may be new but part stores have bad parts to. I have been threw that many times..dont beat your head in ,about it replace starter with another should solve problem for you ..good luck

1,005

If its one click its the starter. Multiple clicks its the battery. Trying to jump it with cheap cables may not work. Also check for corrosion on cables.