Nissan 300zx 2+2 na, acceleration problems

Dana Brailsford

Asked by Nov 04, 2013 at 04:37 PM about the 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr 2+2 Hatchback

I need to chnge my O2 sensors and my knock sensor along with my catalytic converter
for my nissan 300zx 2+2 na. Does anybody have any ideas how to do this?

Dana Brailsford

I have already adjusted the tps and it works fine. I also adjusted the cam phaser and it helped a little bit but it still doesn't actually solve the problem just mask it

yes price these items which you need and have a mechanic install them...this is boilerplate work and really warrants NO explanation~ I suspect the TPS is faulty~ Catalytic converter....why? did someone put leaded gas in there? it was run under a RICH know that if combustion is correct these things will "burn" off excess I question the need for replacement of the Catalytic converter....02 sensors, yes, well the computer is under the influence of an undervoltage condition and has you runnin' around replacin' stuff because it's been issued a diet of marginal operating voltages...because the ground needs to be wirebrushed clean to establish SOLID power to the grab a coarse wirebrush undo the 1/0 black battery cable and wirebrush the spot where the cable attaches and the cable...get a NEW battery...and clear the codes with an handheld device~

Best Answer
Dana Brailsford

Oh and I burn gas like crazy, I get maybe seven mpg if thats any help...

It's clobberin' up the might check the IAT intake air temp sensor as this little goodie is responsible for determining the ambient conditions at the intake plenum...combined with the BLOCK temperature sensor gets a take on the situation and puts the right air/fuel combination out there for the prevailing condition (be it hot or cold)...but as you've awarded 20 for telling you know this already, the computer needs to see a 12 volt offering ....Grounded properly else will suffer from "brownout" which throws the CEL...tho if your IAT is bad....

your problem is probably nat a cheap fix. The left cylinder head is probably bad which in turn messed up the cam phazer. The fix is a new head and phazer and that is not cheap. Nissan should have recalled the car. it is their fault.