1984 Nissan 300zx non turbo jumpy and lagging acceleration

Asked by Mar 29, 2015 at 03:21 PM about the 1984 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD

I recently got a 300zx non turbo model. Im having an issue with the acceleration in the
vehicle. When I put my foot on the gas it accelerates no problem, but when I'm going a
constant speed with my foot on the pedal it tend the jump around a bit. It will gain
slight acceleration without changing the pedal position and then drop back to where it
was previously.
I have already replaced my fuel filter and my pump has been tested and is in 100%
working order. There are also no holes in the exhaust the may hinder performance,

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Check the led code window on ecm it self that will save you a lot of time. These cars have similar problems, but trying to fix them online can turn out bad.

Well, I took a look at the ecm, but it doesnt appear to have an led window on it. Any other ideas?

Xenonzcar/FSM has a zipped file that contains all factory service repairs and trouble shooting.

Its free and there are several 300zx pages on Fb DO YOUR HOME WORK BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, OR BRING YOUR FIRE SUIT.

Well I did my research, I just always prefer a second opinion on things. Thanks for the help though!

Was just trying to look out there are some real trolls on the fb pages is what I was saying

Ah i get ya. Well thank you. You actually did help alot!

If you need the pdf I can send it to you. Had the same problem with mine it ended up being a broken wire on the fuel pump relay. It was getting voltage but the correct amount. Its green located on passenger side behind the battery