Loopholes to get my baby back? :(

Asked by Jul 23, 2016 at 06:13 AM about the 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Ive had my 79firebird for 15yrs. In a nutshell she
was parked on the side of the road. The cops
boxed in a drunk illegal alien with fake insurance.
He swerved, hit my car.  It sat there for a while
because i didn't have the money to repair it. It got
towed, impounded then auctioned off n my "friend"
bought it back for me but refused to give it back
unless i......let him park his beef bus in tuna town, if
you know what i mean (sry didnt know if im
allowed to say _ _ _ or not) ANY SUGGESTIONS
would be greatly appriciated. Anybody with ideas
please text me at (360)771-4244. Thank you for
your time.

I'd come up with the money to buy it back.

He wont take cash. Trust me i tried.

what are your options? Never see him again, file a restraining order- or shoot him- Option #1 might be the best way to go- getting rid of a psycho is easily worth losing a car- you can always buy another car-

Thats what everyone says n nobody understands the bond i have with her. My kids grew up in this car (not literally) but tne memories i have with her. I know it sounds wierd but i feel like i lost my best friend. Its been over a year n i still think about her everyday n its not getting any easier. Besides the fact that this scum bag cant just get away with this.

Wow, that's a lot of information on this G-rated forum! Anyhow, it sounds like he did everything legally. The best you can do, in my opinion, is just keep an eye on the car. He'll get tired of it sooner or later and put it up for sale. I completely understand where you're coming from about the car having a great deal of sentimental value. I feel the same way about my 2000 Grand Prix. HTH. -Jim

Unfortunatly that IS the G-rated version. Id like to hope hed get tired of it n sell it but if he did sell it hed make sure i wouldnt b the one buying it. Hell most likely hang on to it. He said he wants to see my face when he hot rods it past my house everyday :( i wish i could say what i really want to do. If it was the thought that counts id be in jail :)

On the outside take the attitude of "oh well, if you want that piece of junk, fine. I don't care." But as I said, keep an eye on it. The sooner this manipulating, controlling guy realizes that car or not he's not going to have a relationship with you he'll get tired of the nonsense and the additional cost of owning the car and put it up for sale. If/when he tries to contact you about it, continue to ignore him! BUT get someone else, who he doesn't know to look at and buy the car for you! A REAL friend! Like maybe someone from work, your church, etc. Then you win!! You're never going to get the car if he knows how badly you want it. Even if you do give him what he wants you still won't get the car. It'll be something else, then something else, and so on. That's how these people operate. It's never going to be enough. Besides, your self esteem is worth more than any car, in my opinion! So, ignore him and the car completely. ACT like you've moved on. You might even consider buying another similar car if the funds are there to outwardly "show" him you've moved on. But when your car becomes available, be sneaky and grab it! You can always sell the other one, if you've bought another one. Good things really do come to those who wait!! HTH. -Jim

Yeah your probly right. Its probly a better idea then what i was thinking....outlaw biker gang, 1/2 stick of dynamite, 2 dozen snakes (he HATES SNAKES) :( it sounded good in my head. Too bad im not that kinda person. Maybe ill give your way a shot. Thanks got the feedback. I appriciate it alot. Im outta ideas myself. P.S. theres no way in hell id ever be friends again with him n id die before i give him what he wants. Thank God im not THAT kinda person! Thanks again.

I'm glad you're going to try it that way! Remember, you can't get arrested for what you're thinking! Good luck to you on this. - Jim

Thank goodness, right! Lol thanks again everybody for your ideas. I really appriciate you all taking the time to shoot me your thoughts n ideas.