Check Engine code P0077 Intake Valve Control Solenoid

50

Asked by Apr 01, 2015 at 01:10 PM about the 2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS

I recently had my check engine light come on. Had the diagnostics checked and the
computer read P0077 "Intake Valve Control Solenoid" I can't find this part anywhere. Is
there another name for it? Where can I find the sensor to replace it? HELP!!

143,205

http://engine-codes.com/p0077_hyundai.html ...The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow. Also http://engine-codes.com/qa/31403/p0077-hyundai-wheres-it-located-on-a-04-elantra

50

Perfect! I knew where this was located. I know its not dirty oil. When I was changing the O2 sensor I broke the plastic wiring off that connects to the intake valve.(in your diagram its the piece with wiring coming out of it) Do I need to replace the whole thing or is it possible to replace just the plastic plug and wire?

143,205

You don't have to replace the whole thing. A new connector will be fine.

50

Where can I find one? Do you know if a good online company?

143,205

What I don't know is where the other end leads, and if you have to get an entire new wire with plastic terminal connector, or can splice an new connector on. Let me look..

143,205

http://www.mencom.com/shop/solenoid-valve-connectors.html?gclid=CMzJ2YjW1cQCFQeRaQod3pEAYw ..that is as close as I could find..and trust me I tried, all the time since I last posted have been looking. And I am not sure that place has what you need..but I can't find on-line but the Dealer will be able to get one. Sorry I tried

143,205

The only other thing I can think of is the redneck way, maybe even temporary, cut the plastic connector off and wire it direct, as long as the wires go to the right place, and how to attach...? Dealer is your best bet

143,205

My Toyota has something similar, with VVTi , when the rpm gets to a certain speed the intake valves are adjusted in duration and lift, and it's done with oil pressure on cam

50

oh trust me. I have looked high and low....everywhere...and nothing. I even called the dealer and they couldn't find it in their system ( I was on the phone with them) he eventually told me I had it wrong and that I needed the "Camshaft positioning sensor". I know that isn't right. That is when I turned to you. So I know the frustration.

143,205

Obviously that guy didn't know what he was talking about. Maybe try another dealer, even if not close to you a phone call might get somebody that can find it. It IS in the parts computer, its a PART! and maybe you can at least get a part number. Or there is an on-line human chat with Hyundai customer service..I will put it at the end to make it easy to direct hyperlink. Or 1.800.633.5151 Next is junkyards... http://gethuman.com/chat/Hyundai/

50

ohh, I bet I could get this part next to nothing from a junkyard pick and pull.

143,205

Opps, I guess not. The Hyundai site says you can but I went to see

143,205

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/contact-us.aspx

50

I will following this through. I think you are right, it may be my next best move. I really appreciate your follow through and not giving up. I have had a hell of a time trying to gather info on this part. THANKS!!

143,205

I think that is your best next move doesn't have to be exact same year, or even maybe from a Sonata or Santa Fe