91 civic 1.5 no start no crank. dash lights work.

Asked by Nov 21, 2015 at 10:01 AM about the 1991 Honda Civic DX

has new starter and distributor. dont see any clutch safety switch parts wires or
connections to bypass. must be main relay?? dont know anything about these
cars. please help.

275

the ignition switch should be checked first. The starter solenoid control wire could have a bad connection. The starter motor itself or a starter solenoid could be bad. A neutral safety switch is bad.

365

I can only give you a suggestion based what I've gone through in a similar situation... When the distributor is changed out, the number one piston needs to be set at top dead center and the timing points need to be in sync. But even with all that said, the engine should at least crank but possibly not turn over. Could the battery have enough juice to support the dash lights and not enough to actually crank the engine over? Check the battery also.

10

Ugh been there done that. I replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap, rotor and fixed it. Then it fried IC out again had to replace the ignition control module and battery cause it got weak. Then had issues again turns out screws on ICM were loose no more issues. Good luck.

10

Oh and on my 1st Civic back in 1991 the cable of the starter switch was loose and the car was less than a year old from the dealer. Great cars little issues only parts fairly cheap good on gas. I had that one for 10 years.