1992 honda civic wont start Please help! cannot figure this out.

Asked by Jul 24, 2012 at 03:58 PM about the 1992 Honda Civic DX

so ive checked and my distributor is ok. Its getting spark, but wont turn over. there is also a bit of fuel on my spark plugs. main relay is fine. firing order is correct and wires have been replaced. cap and rotor are fine. At first my sparkplugs were completely covered with oil but we've cleaned and replaced and also changed the ceals. after we replaced those we turned it on and white smoke was coming out of the exhaust. after we let it run for 5 minutes we turned it off and tried turning it back on but it wouldnt turn. after that happened we replaced the cap and distributor and also bought new sparkplugs and after checking if they have spark and they do. The belts are fine and alternator is fine which has nothing to do with it but just throwing that out there. There is still a fuel smell on the sparks. Please help me figure this out, im running out of solutions

4,865

im assuming the the starter is fine

Yeah i think so too I'm just hoping its not my fuel pump or it could have something to do with the wrong wires touching somewhere inside not letting y car turn Orr because I have a ton of grounded wires everywhere

675

did you check your oil levels. you could have burned to much oil and seized the motor

Yeah all my oil levels are fine and it's turned over once before we replaced te distributor and the cap

4,865

check the battery voltage

1,185

try grounding your valve cover properly the spark plugs i do believe partailly use the valve cover ground. check your timing pull off your timing cover and harmonic balancer and lookk at the arrows on them make sure they all point up and then witha breaker bar turn your crank (where the harmonic balancer was) and watch make sure they line up again after one full rotation. check to seee if any of the teeth on your belt are broken and make sure your tensioner has pleanty of tension on the belt replace your timing belt if there are cracks or teeth missing. just my thoughts

Awesome thanks I'll check it out

1,185

no problem but as a saftey thing check all your grounds like the one off the tranny valve cover and i do believe there is on from the other side of the motor to the chassis. if there is fuel on your plugs that means you arent getting spark but it also coule mean that its getting fuel after the cobustion cycle on your motor