All my Windows stopped working, all at the same time. Could something have shorted out to cause that?

60

Asked by Jan 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM about the 1995 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

115,865

Possible, check the main fuses if you find one blown then there is a short in the window circuits.

Best Answer Mark helpful
60

There is a 30 amp fuse for the power windows it is good, there is no power in the harness inside the drivers door hinge.where do I check next?

115,865

Do any if the windows work with the switch on the doors? If the other windows work then the problem could be in the electrical tunnel in the drivers door.

60

Checked that, no difference.

115,865

There should be a harness connector behind the drivers kick panel, if you have power there then there is a break in the wiring somewhere between that connector and the main switch on the drivers door.

60

Ok, I'll check that & let you know..

60

Sorry, I don't know for sure what the kick panel is

60

Could you tell me where I can locate the drivers kick panel?

115,865

There is a plastic panel that you can remove on the inside down low, depending on your package it may or may not have a little door for the interior fuse panel.

60

I removed the kick panel. Behind it there's some black boxes and lots of wires that are plugged together. Not sure what to do.

115,865

Locate where the tunnel comes the body, trace down the wiring to the connector, it maybe behind one of the electrical panels, that way you can check for main power to the tunnel, I hope you have wiring diagram book , it will help a lot in tracing circuits, if you don't try to get one from your local parts store or from the library's reference section.

60

Thank you so much, I will definitely get a wiring diagram at O'Reilly's auto parts tomorrow morning. But I was wondering what the little black boxes are. Thank you.

115,865

Relays, circuit breakers but mostly relays.

60

How do you check if they're good? By testing the wiring? I'll get the wiring diagrams.........thanks

My 2000honda passport windows stopped working suddenly. My husband pulled out the window fuse In the fuse box.it looked black like a little castle. And then he put it right back in.. It has a safety shut off. So it worked just fine again. Try this,it worked for me.

So just pull the window fuse in fuse box out and then push it right back in it resets itself. That's what fixed our window problem.