We have changed the water pump,head gasket,radiator,and thermostat but it is still overheating to the point my dagus bottle is boiling what else if anything can we do??

5

Asked by Jun 08, 2015 at 10:38 AM about the 1996 Honda Civic EX

1,285

Have you made sure the cooling fans are working yet?

5

Yes they have checked and they seem to be ok ?

1,285

How are the radiator hoses? Are the very soft, perhaps closing in on themsleves and not allowing proper coolant flow? You stated the fans seek ok, but are they coming on when they are supposed to? You can check your coolant temp switch/sender.

17,320

I do not no if this is your problem but have you tried spraying your radiator with water from garden hose and nozzle if radiator fins are clogged with dirt and bugs could be restricting air flow.

17,320

I am sorry just seen you replaced the radiator.

17,320

Did you bleed air from cooling system after replacing parts ?

5

Yes they also bled the air :(

17,320

Ok I have one more thing you can try but please answer this question first. Is your A.C condenser in front of or behind your radiator ?

17,320

Another question. When the vehicle gets hot is the top and bottom radiator hoses hot or is one cold ?

17,320

The reason I asked if your A.C condenser was in front or back of your radiator is if it is in the front of radiator like my vehicle is if the condenser fins can get clogged with dirt and bugs it will restrict air flow to radiator also since it sets in front of it. You can try cleaning with garden hose and nozzle or pressure washer. Now if your top radiator hose gets hot and the bottom one stays cold you have blockage in your cooling system since you already replaced the t-stat do this check. Let vehicle vehicle reach normal operating temp and turn heat on if little or no heat heater core may be clogged.

17,320

The reason I asked if your A.C condenser was in front or back of your radiator is if it is in the front of radiator like my vehicle is if the condenser fins can get clogged with dirt and bugs it will restrict air flow to radiator also since it sets in front of it. You can try cleaning with garden hose and nozzle or pressure washer. Now if your top radiator hose gets hot and the bottom one stays cold you could have blockage in your cooling system since you already replaced the t-stat .

5

The AC is disconnected. One hose is hot and the other is cold the bigger one closest to the thermostat is cold when it over heats

17,320

Even if the A.C is disconnected the coil still can be dirty and not let air flow across fins to radiator fins in back of it but since you said that the top hose is cold and the bottom one hot I would also check your thermostat again I have seen some bad ones right out of the box. Do this test if t- stat easy to get to remove completely and put hose back on and see if it over heats. You can also check t-stat by putting it in a pot of boiling water and see if it opens up. If all of this fails you may have a clog in cooling system so I would try a radiator flush.

17,320

Also can you explain to me how the bleeding of the cooling system was done ?

5

I'm not sure how they did it but I can ask I wasn't there when they bled it

17,320

Also make sure the t-stat was installed properly because if is very to install a t-stat the wrong way.

5

Actually yesterday they did check and it was in correct

17,320

If vehicle does not over heat if the t- stat is removed you have a bad t- stat but if it still over heats the cooling system is clogged but I think you just got hold of a new bad t-stat.

Best Answer
5

We removed the thermostat completely yesterday and it doesn't seem to be getting as hot or heating up as quick as before but still overheating

17,320

I would try a good radiator flush with out t- stat installed. If it works install t-stat.

5

We will have to try that thanks