how can i tell if engine block is slightly bent or taking in hair??on a 98 honfa civic ex

10

Asked by Apr 18, 2016 at 11:33 AM about the 1998 Honda Civic EX

How can I tell if engine block is getting air

10

Help

6,475

"taking in hair?" should not go your grooming in that location~ one would have to pull off the heads and use a machinist's level as one might do on a rebuild~ the head gasket is the concern here, I think...get a compression test...will reveal where the "hair" is leaking~ from...achem...air/fuel mix...is what you mean...but this might be caused by an overheat....is there any coolant left? where is the coolant leak? I'd look for that first~

10

Lol lol ...I ment" air"...I thing .my over flow tank is dripping a lil I didn't over heat tho ..my temperature gage did not move like it was over heating...but I see dripping from overflow tank from top.....there's no milky dunk on my oil stick ...so I don't think it's the head gaskets

10

So maybey I replace the overflow tank first you think ??

6,475

you are there, Malena...not sure exactly the problem here...but check the levels...the overflow tank has two markations on it...do not overflow..."full cold" is where it should be...if that is leakin' it'd be empty...is that where we are now...clue me in, just once or two~

Best Answer Mark helpful
6,475

okay none of these are more than 20 bucks~ https://www.google.com/? gws_rd=ssl#q=98+honda+civic+ex+overflow+tank

10

No ...it's marking where u said...the problem is after I run the car a lil a loses power ..I thought it was gonna be head gasket...but it's had oil ..the dip stick don't have milkly substance...there's no white sweet smelling that would imply it was the head gasket right....so next I let it run for 20minutes to. See if it overheated but it didn't but I Ser water dripping slightly from over flow top ...some say it could be that ..cuz it's a old car ..to get a screw on cap ???? I don't want to drive it and get Arco or hit really over heating and ble my engine

6,475

okay then...we are going to get to the source of your difficulties...have you had a tune-up...perhaps all you need are fresh filters...new distributor cap and wires....checking weird things lie operation of the EGR valve...the Ambient Air Temperature sender and the Thermo-time switch...there are quite a few components that must be singin' in harmony~ let's start with the basics....a Timing belt should have been done...these go KAPUT if the belt breaks....so 60,000 80,000 but don't wait till 100,000 to tend to that~ Drive Axles get torn boots then the CV joints go slappy...you might check your axles to make sure they are not leakin' grease~

10

Gap I think I found out the source ..so I heard if u check the overflow tank ..open and leave the tub in and see if it bubbles ..that means ..my head might have expanded and have y to take to shop to fix then put head gasket on and that should fix it ?????? Excuse some of me spelling ..I'm a lil stupid women lol

6,475

well alrighty then..my work is done here..do not underestimate the women...they are the nurturers and healers of this Earth..the MEN..what can I say..."king of the hill"...Ayn Rand...not the friendly sort I associate with~ so appreciate my paintings...are known worldwide now....want 1000 am up to 300 (ranger with burro is half done...wish me luck)~

10

Good luck....send me a link so I can see your paintings send to my phone tx please and thank u for your help..I'm Maria ...562 668- 2820..=)

6,475

ok cannot text...about half of them from some years ago...get onto google+ and load this... https://photos.google.com/u/0/ it's all I got right now Malena...used to be in the bay area ran Oakland quality amps for 10 years on Athens ave. (nasty neighborhood, no one would visit) then in 2003 am in Clearlake...my work is seen in about 4 businesses here...but none down there~ send a picture of somethin' nice to jayster.k.wiseguy@gmail.com can make one for you...perhaps~ this one Beer Boys 3 is at my MS consultant in Italy Fabrizio De Silvestri~

6,475

Maria...sorry~

10

I'm going to e mail you ...ok I have a son who past ..I only have one pic ..if u could capture it on painting I'm so love u for ever !!!=) my e mail. .malena.salcido@Yahoo.com,..=) thank u I scream shored those pic ..beautifully .=)

6,475

..still waiting...here is painting 299 Ranger and Burro..perhaps needs a tweek here and there but...considered a masterful painter by many~