I have a 1999 Honda Accord LX have had too many car repairs its unreal. I recently replaced oxygen sensor because the servic engine light was on the code cleared after I replaced it but now the light

Asked by Jul 01, 2015 at 01:12 PM about the 1999 Honda Accord LX

Is back on. Along with required
maintenance light. Also terrible grinding
metal on metal noise in front end of car
sound us very annoying. Also when driving
its almost doing whosh wosh, almost Like
fuel pump is going or maybe need new
filter? Maybe just need a oil change, I
replaced rear struts and front brakes
already amongst other parts and right now
there is no rear brakes. I'm a single mom
and need safe vehicle for my kids to ride in.
Any advice would b great.

3,275

First of all I ask have you owned the car since brand new in 99, or have you brought it used? If used, where did you buy it? Dealer, private seller, friend or relative? You DO need to realize that the car is already 16 years old and everything you mentioned are regular wear and tear maintenance items on almost every car. How the car was driven and maintained during it's lifetime has everything to do with how much work it needs. Having said that, do you do your own repairs or pay someone? I ask because you say you changed the O2 senor because the Ceng light was on. Did you have the car checked for trouble codes before changing the sensor or was it just a guess? If it was because of the code that's fine, but just because you change the sensor, that doesn't mean that is why the light came back on. You need to have the car checked for stored codes which can be done free at almost any Auto parts store chains like AutoZone, Advance, O'REilly's etc. When they read the codes, write down the code numbers and what it gives as the code definition, and in the exact order the codes are listed if more than one. Post the results here and we can walk you through the repairs needed. All the controls on more modern cars work in series with each other so you could have multiple problems, and when fixing them you start with the first cause(code/part listed) and then clear the codes and redrive the car so that the system relearns. Sometimes you will get more codes other times you have fixed it on the first go round.