I have a 1995 Honda Accord and it's been setting for a year or 2. I replaced the battery and I've never had a problem in the past to start it. But now it won't start it really tries very hard to start, but it won't turn. can ANYONE please help me???? could it be the distributor cap ????? I'm open to ANY suggestion......Thank you in advance.

35

Asked by May 12, 2015 at 07:14 PM about the 1995 Honda Accord EX V6

I have a 1995 Honda Accord and it's been setting for a year or 2. I replaced the battery
and I've never had a problem in the past to start it. But now it won't start it really tries
very hard to start, but it won't turn. can ANYONE please help me???? could it be the
distributor cap ????? I'm open to ANY suggestion......Thank you in advance. My
number is (817) 696-5397 you can call me anytime.

148,985

Maybe water in gas. Especially if it was low when parked. May need a fuel injector service, Regardless, you need to get all tho old gas out and get fresh gas. But there are plenty of other possible things. I'm sure some guys will chip in here with more.

35

Thank you so much for a very quick responses I will definitely take your advice, you sound like a man that knows his STUFF. So I will have someone to attempt the advice that was given to me and keep my fingers cross as well. Again thank you and God bless you and your Family.

125

Its could be a LOT of reasons why car engine dos not start.Beside you replace the battery on car sitting for couple years you need to perform engine tune up,replace spark plugs,distributor and wires,change air filter and check fuel filter also clean your fuel system ,check your fuel pump pressure,ALL belts on engine including timing belt.Check all hoses and coolant level if coolant dirty flush it and replace it.Check your transmission liquid and if its brown or black color came out instead of pink or red replace it.And last that could be your starter,if its trying to spin its still work but if just make it ticking noise its fail.