Is it worth buying a 1967 Ford F-100 for a first car

5

Asked by Jan 05, 2016 at 04:29 PM about the 1967 Ford F-100 Ranger

I love classic cars, especially the trucks.
I am almost of buying a car and I really want a 1967 F-100 3-speed manual
and I was just wondering is it worth buying restored?
My grandpa is really good with classic cars and can help fix it but says stuff
on it will break all the time. He said to look at late 90'a and early 2000's for a
reliable truck.
So, is a 1967 F-100 a reliable truck and will it run alright without having to fix
it 24/7.

31,715

sure and easy and cheap parts....

Best Answer Mark helpful
31,715

like this??

31,715

picture

80,345

Your Grandpa brings up a good point. The truck is 49 years old. Anything could break and leave you stranded at anytime. On the other hand you say that the truck is restored. Is it restored to original specs? Or has it been upgraded? Check out the body very carefully for rust. Also the brakes and steering need to be looked at very carefully. These are all safety issues and need to be in tip top condition! A 1967 truck will ride like a truck. You probably won't have things like air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, or automatic transmission. You probably won't have seat belts either. I'd advise you to move the gas tank from behind the seat to an area outside of the cab under the bed (box). This can be a real safety concern in a collision! Classic vehicles are great but know what you're getting into for a daily driver. This truck will be very easy to work on and you should get a copy of the factory shop manual for it. Keep in mind that it may be great for a weekend cruiser but maybe not so much 7 days a week. HTH. -Jim

115,605

Easy to work on and fun as well. It may even increase in value!

115,605

As far as reliability it will take driving it for a while to find the problems and there will be some, but once it is repaired it will be quite reliable. I would look at installing electronic ignition and disk brakes to make it better to drive.

115,605

Is the truck a total beater or a clean, low mile daily driver? How about a photo?