Sometimes cranking up, is computer glitchy?

5

Asked by Apr 26, 2016 at 07:38 AM about the 2003 Honda Accord LX V6

On 4/21/16 My brother in law was using my car to jump start his parents car, apparently in his drunken stooper he clinked the two cables together to see if it "had fire". I had no problems with the car until leaving work on 4/25, when I went to crank the car I was trying to hold down the window button while cranking the car, I noticed first that the holding down was not having it go it to automatic and I was having to hold the button down to get it to roll down, then I realized that my radio was flashing like the battery had disconnected but the car crunk up just fine. I let my husband know who says that when they were jumping it he did notice the thingys were loose and he really need to put new ones on there. I drive with no problem, turn off the car once then as I'm pulling up to pick my kids up the car cuts off and I coast in to the parking lot but it cranks right back up.
We get home fine he checks it out, nothing is loose and it continues to crank up.
Then this morning I turn it over there is power for a second then nothing, again the cables look fine, he notices that the interior lights are on and he can turn the headlights on but the car will not crank he. He jump starts the car and it's running. This doesn't seem like a battery, alternator or starter issue and I can't help but relate the dumba## move of my brother in law to possibly messing up the computer. Does any of this make sense?

5

MAYBE Main Relay (Computer/Fuel System) ?????

5

I also see I have a ignition switch, power steering hose and wiper motor recall and am set up to get those fixed Monday, but still don't think that's it. I'm basically at some times it cranks, sometimes it doesn't.....HELP

12,615

Not likely the computer (PCM) 1. Inspect all wire connections on battery and starter along with ALL Ground Straps or find a competent shop that can do a voltage drop test on the starter circuit. 2. Have it read for codes, even if the check engine light is NOT on the computer will have stored information and codes. Discount auto stores will read codes for no fee. Write them down.