Electrical Nightmare

Asked by Nov 05, 2016 at 06:40 PM about the 1988 Jeep Comanche Eliminator

My turn signals work when head lights not on.When head lights on my left turn signal does not work , but my right turn signal does work.When turning the head light switch left turn signal acts like what you would do on the panel making light brighter or off

76,725

I would suspect the headlight switch, the turn signal switch and the wiring inside the steering column. There could be a short in some wires or maybe just a faulty switch.

I replaced head light switch all ready the turn signal switch is replaced as well

Bulbs 2057 ✖️ 4 in rear and 2 2057As in front. The Haynes repair manual is wrong . And so is the glove box owners hand book. The wiring diagram is on the Comanche club site. And you most likely have the original sockets. They HAVE to be replaced at this age.