doesn't start easily..

Asked by Dec 21, 2014 at 12:31 AM about the 1990 Jeep Comanche

90 jeep comanche truck. Changed alternator and ignition switch, good battery.  What else
could be the reason why it is challenging to get it started.  Sometimes when I move the battery
posts it starts.  But battery was checked so I wonder if it is an electrical issue ?

105

More than Likely its your wiring... check the wires from the alternator to the battery... Im Betting its a loose Ground or your battery Terminals... Remember to Keep The Terminals Tight as you can.. Debris and moisture could be causing a Bad Connection...

Had the same issue with my 86 Jeep Camanche X 2.5L 4. Turned out to be the battery terminal. To trouble shoot do this, Use a volt meter to test the batter posts. Negative on (-) and positive on (+) If the batyery is good, it should show 12V. If its not, walah its you batyery. If the batyery checks out test the connection, by holding on of the leads for the volt meter on the batyery post and the other one on the opposite connection. Not to the same polarity! Opposite sides of the battery. One on the connector, and the other on the post to the batyery. If either or boost dont show 12v they need cleaned or replaced.

Had the same issue with my 86 Jeep Camanche X 2.5L 4. Turned out to be the battery terminal. To trouble shoot do this, Use a volt meter to test the batter posts. Negative on (-) and positive on (+) If the batyery is good, it should show 12V. If its not, walah its you batyery. If the batyery checks out test the connection, by holding on of the leads for the volt meter on the batyery post and the other one on the opposite connection. Not to the same polarity! Opposite sides of the battery. One on the connector, and the other on the post to the batyery. If either or connectors don't show 12v they need cleaned or replaced.