2014 Civic EX Auxiliary

Asked by Apr 09, 2014 at 09:19 PM about the 2014 Honda Civic EX

Stupid question, but does the Honda Civic EX model (2014) have an auxiliary input.  It
seems like it only has the 2 usb ports and the HDMI, but excludes Aux.

4,375

check your owners manual

30

No the EX has no Aux port. It seems to be geared completely towards Apple iSTUFF, Stupid really. I'm checking into an adapter to the HDMI port but no luck yet.

20

wondering the same thing. I was about ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 EX-L, but I'm not seeing anywhere that an AUX port is available on this model. It appears it has 2-USB and 1-HDMI. I use Spotify to stream music through my Samsung S3, does anyone know if there is a way to make this work?

30

You can connect the S3 by blue tooth. Another option is to place music files on a flash drive. MP3 & WMA files both play. You can fit a lot on an 8GB stick. When I asked a company that makes accessories for the Honda they suggested replacing the radio?!? I've pretty much given up on the Aux out for my MP3 players. There is a USB to 3.5mm jack but I don't know if it will work.

30

Bluetooth works best. Does the same thing as auxiliary cord minus the auxiliary cord.

10

I have the same issue. I don't have an Aux input on my 2014 Civic EX either. It's a bummer, because I have two ipods and one is a shuffle and one is a classic-- so they don't have bluetooth. I am not a fan of the interface on the radio, and it is easier to navigate through my iPod. Sorry this isn't an answer!

10

I have the same car and want to use Sirius. However the sat radio function only comes on nav equipped cars. I tried 2 usb to aux cables and not either of them would take the music from satellite to usb to radio speakers. I tried a usb to Bluetooth to 3.5 and no luck either, the Bluetooth part was never recognized by the Honda. This really sucks.

10

Same problem here, my 2014 ell civic will not play my XM radio.

15

You can use a bluetooth transmitter to accomplish the same purpose: http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Wireless-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones/dp/B00E174RTS/ref=pd_sim_e_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=1NCTZG0XCKW7G5N5F2B8

10

Unfortunately, the Bluetooth transmitter did not work for me. I tried the exact brand you suggested as well a a couple of others.

15

Wow, sorry to hear that. Did you find one that does work?

10

Nope, I never did. I tried calling the manufacturer for two of them, and they said it has to do with entering a PIN in to connect to Bluetooth. So strange! Did you find one that works?

15

No, I haven't tried yet. The one I mentioned above I found while searching for an answer myself. I also found this. I'm wondering if this replace either the USB or HDMI ports. http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-39112-SNA-A01-Auxiliary-Assembly/dp/B00HRXNLIG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429031870&sr=8-2&keywords=honda+auxiliary+input

10

That's really interesting, and it looks like it'd be the best option. I even called the dealer and asked if I could have it installed and they said no. So, maybe it's not possible at all? I just don't want to screw with it myself, and at the same time, I wouldn't know where to go and have it done! Plus, I have never used the HDMI cable. Totally useless. I do like my USB ports, though.

15

I also like the USB ports and you are right, the HDMI port is pointless unless you use the Navigation App with your IPhone 5 or 6 and even then there are better navigation options. Of course another option is just to buy a new double din stereo with all the inputs you need. You can get a fairly nice stereo with navigation, XM, etc for anywhere from $300-$1200. Crutchfield.com is good place to look for stuff like that.

15

Katie, I found another potential solution (depending on if your xm radio is compatible). If your xm radio is PowerConnect compatible you can connect a SiriusXM FMDA25 Direct Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGLL84/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER. This should eliminate any FM static.

I also have a '15 Honda Civic EX and purchased the Sirius XM radio. I tried to use a USB to AUX input jack for my radio and it did not recognize a USB input. Has anyone found a solution to use their Sirius XM radio?!

15

I have found a solution. The Consumer Electronics Show recently presented a new Sirius tuner that connects to the Honda via Bluetooth. I now have it installed and it works very nicely and does not interfere with the phone Bluetooth connection. I don't what model or brand they installed, but you can inquire yourself at "Freddie Louis Auto Accessories" (256) 858-9221 (also at www.freddielouis.com). Good luck!

15

Kasi, I know my answer was probably not very satisfying since that was probably not what you were looking for. You were obviously looking to make an existing portable XM radio work without having an aux port. Unfortunately, other than the solution I suggest above, I was not able to find anything that worked satisfactorily. I don't think the Bluetooth tuner that I mentioned is that expensive, but I'm not sure. I had it installed as part of the purchase price of the car.

I'm wondering if something like this will work?!

Did the above adapter work for Aux? my Bluetooth stopped working on last HTC phone update... annoying.