My 2014 Hyundai Tucson has idled poorly since purchased new. It has been in the shop multiple times and until the visit a few weeks ago nothing was done. The throttle body was cleaned on the last visit and that has helped but it is getting back to its old self slowly. I have the car parked at my office from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day and as soon as I get in the car and make it to the first traffic light it is idling down really hard like it is about to turn off. It has also lost power when crossing intersections and skips or whatever it is doing going down the road. I don't understand why a car that was purchased in June of 2014 and is not even a year old would need the throttle body cleaned. Anyone out there experiencing these problems? The cloth seats in this car are also horrible and become stained by rain water while putting groceries in if it is raining. Thank God I purchased the warranty on the seats. Thanks!

110

Asked by May 08, 2015 at 09:25 AM about the 2014 Hyundai Tucson GLS AWD

My 2014 Hyundai Tucson GLS AWD has idled poorly since purchased new. It has been in the shop multiple times and until the visit a few weeks ago nothing was done. The throttle body was cleaned on the last visit and that has helped but it is getting back to its old self slowly. I have the car parked at my office from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day and as soon as I get in the car and make it to the first traffic light it is idling down really hard like it is about to turn off. It has also lost power when crossing intersections and skips or whatever it is doing going down the road. I don't understand why a car that was purchased in June of 2014 and is not even a year old would need the throttle body cleaned. Anyone out there experiencing these problems? The cloth seats in this car are also horrible and become stained by rain water while putting groceries in if it is raining. Thank God I purchased the warranty on the seats. Thanks!

26,025

It's a 2014- isn't the factory warranty still good? I think the dealer must find out what is wrong, and fix it- you are just discovering what should be obvious- it is a Korean car-

110

Yes the warranty is still good and I purchased an extended warranty. The dealership states that they cannot find out what the problem is. The service manager said he felt the car do what I described once and that is when they cleaned the throttle body. I was on my way to the shop with it on 5/5/15 and it did it again and when I picked my car up on 5/6 they said they could not get it to duplicate. My car has been doing this since I purchased it. I truly feels like it is going to turn off and leave me stranded at a traffic light. It does it more in the idle position. Thanks for the help!

26,025

try a different dealer- no good? Trade it in on a Japanese car-

1,175

idle air control meter sensor, car stops idle slow to the point it feels like it's going to shut down or push on gas and the car comes back to life in till you stop again it sounds like idle air control meter sensor if it stops working it will not give you a error code if it does it may come up as O2 senor this problem drove me nut's i had every senor test that went to idling problem idle air control meter sensor was no good

I had the same problem with my 2013 Tucson AWD. Mine started to do exactly what yours is doing within the first year, I took it in and Hyundai told me I shouldn't expect the same quality experience as my Honda. After driving it for another year it became worse and the transmission would slip into 1st gear while driving on the highway. I took it into Hyundai and they just charged me $500 to change the transmission fluid... finally the transmission slipped and blew the engine. I ended up paying $3000 for a new engine even though it was under warranty. Hyundai said I was late on an oil change so I voided my warranty. They finally replaced the transmission and its working fine other than my AWD system has now failed. I would suggest have them change your transmission unless you'd like to experience 1st gear driving full speed on a freeway.