What could cause my car to not even turn over after i installed a new stereo.

Asked by Mar 02, 2014 at 02:13 PM about the 1990 Geo Prizm 4 Dr GSi Hatchback

Yesterday i put a aftermarket stereo and two front speakers in my 1990 Geo Prizm hatchback and the install went fine or so i thought. After  the install i reconnected the negative battery cable an turned the ignition to the accessories position everything worked fine then when i went to start it nothing happened. Wont even turn over, not even making a sound. There is a tiny little red light bulb right above the stereo between my two middle heater vents that never did a thing until after the install. Now when i reconnect the negative battery cable it instantly starts blinking an the car wont start like i said before. I have the dash off already again and the new stereo unhooked and the car still will not start, what is some advice or has anyone on here ever had the same problem.or now how i can fix it or at least point me into the right direction. I have to work tomorrow and need the car running to get there SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Sounds like there's an alarm you've done somethg to and its not allowing it to start now.. should b a metal button or switch under the hood to reset everything.... hope this helps

Best Answer

That did the trick found that out cause i called the guy i bought the car from said the guy he got the car from installed a aftermarket alarm so the guy i got it from knew right where the button was to reset then you told me on here. Would have never found that out without your guys help. Thanks a million.