blinker problems

Asked by Dec 19, 2014 at 03:22 PM about the 1991 Geo Metro 4 Dr STD Hatchback

Okay, so this has been a somewhat long term issue I have been working with, a while
back ago while at a stop light wanting to make a  turn  the right blinker started to  blink
rapidly,  so I switched it off and switched it back on and it continued as normal. this
happened one or two times  before giving out all the way and the front blinker no longer
works, checking the bulb it  was and is completely fine.
IT is also  important to note that around the same time while I was at a stop light  
wanting to make a left turn  the left turn signal, right turn signal , check engine light
and shift indicator all began to flash rapidly and bit mad.  i turned off the left blinker  
turned it on again  it did it again and so on a couple more times until it final started
working again and the left turn signal still works today. but the problem with the right
turn signal still works with no apparent  bulb/fuse/relay problems

OK,Those older metos had issues with the switches in the turn signal mechanism and light switches also.. I have about 22 ears experience with them and have had lots of problems. But, my suggestion would be to disassemble the turn signal switch by removing the steering wheel and covers around the ignition switch and look for problems there. I'f you do not have the know how to do this operation, you may have to take it to a qualified mechanic.